President of FaithSearch Partners Ed Fry announced recently that the firm has extended its six-year commitment to the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC) Standard of Ethics. Established in 1959, the AESC is the industry’s only professional body established to help guide the standards of executive search services.
“Reputable search firms are ethical search firms,” said Fry. “From the inception of the firm in 2007, we have made the commitment to abide by the ethical guidelines set forth by AESC. In fact, since my career began in 1990, I have been fortunate to be associated with search firms who share this commitment.”
“Many unfamiliar with the search industry may be unaware that there are ethical guidelines for the work in which we engage,” continued Fry. “These guidelines not only benefit the firm, but also provide substantial value and assurances to our clients.”
AESC’s ethical guidelines have spurred the following FaithSearch policies and procedures:
- We carefully guard our client’s confidential information. We represent our clients, not the candidates.
- We carefully guard the confidentiality of candidates, particularly those currently employed.
- We always start a search with personal face-to-face meetings with all of our client’s key stakeholders. We don’t just hastily assemble a couple of meetings or assume we already know our client’s culture.
- We always meet face-to-face with prospective candidates before we introduce them to our clients.
- We promise not to initiate contact with our client’s employees regarding other searches we may be managing for a period of one year following the conclusion of a client’s search.
- We promise never to recruit one of our placements away from a client.
- We guarantee our placements for a minimum of 12 months. For CEO and Senior Pastor placements, this guarantee may extend up to three years.